Why is going green important article? A significant economic benefit of going green is that it helps lower costs and save money. The use of renewable energy helps reduce energy consumption, which in turn helps save money spent on electricity bills (which is a benefit to the individual). Going green at home helps reduce water and power bills significantly.
Where can I find sustainability news?
- Environmental Health News.
- Environmental News Service.
- NY Times Energy/Environment.
- NY Times Environment.
- Reuters: Green Business, PlanetArk.
- LA Times Environment, Greenspace Blog.
- Stateline (Pew) Environmental News.
What are examples of going green?
- 1) Switch To Electric. Gas engines like your lawnmower and weed wacker may be small, but they have big effects on air quality.
- 2) Use A Reusable Water Bottle.
- 3) Have A Green Picnic.
- 4) Mindful Irrigation.
- 5) Collect The Rain.
- 6) Natural Energy.
- 7) Compost.
- 8) Eat Locally.
Why going green is happening? Going green helps the environment by reducing the amount of pollution that enters the soil, water and air. By using alternative energy sources and avoiding the burning of fossil fuels, recycling and reducing waste and driving more efficiently, fewer pollutants are released into the environment.