Why are colleges going green? In addition to curbing carbon emissions, some schools have seen environmental interest and activism translate into initiatives to ban plastic water bottles and build or refurbish campus buildings so that they are LEED certified.
How do I make my college campus more green?
- Stop using disposable items.
- Buy second-hand, buy local, and re-sell.
- Embrace a minimalist lifestyle.
- Don’t get sucked in by student offers.
- Go digital.
- Get cycling.
- Hold off on the heating/air con.
How can colleges be more environmentally friendly?
- Install Recycling and Composting Stations on Campus.
- Set Up an E-Waste Drive.
- Start a Moving Season Donation Program.
- Get Active with Bike Rentals.
- Attend Summits on Sustainability.
- Reduce Paper Waste.
What is meant by green campus? A Green Campus is a place where environmental friendly practices and education combine to promote sustainable and eco-friendly practices in the campus.