Where can I dispose of old carpet in San Diego?
- Aquafil Carpet Recycling. 187 Mace Street.
- Otay Landfill. 1700 Maxwell Road.
- SANCO Resource Recovery. 6750 Federal Blvd.
- Aquafil Carpet Collection Miramar. 7720 Formula Place.
- EDCO San Marcos Construction Demolition Processing Facility. 224 South Las Posas Road.
How do you recycle carpet?
- Sell them online using sites like eBay and Gumtree.
- Put an ad in a local paper or shop window.
- Pass them on to friends or family.
- Give away for free using a platform such as Freecycle, Gumtree or Gively.
- Donate to a charity or re-use organisation – many offer a local collection service.
Can I put carpet in my general waste bin? Placing carpet in the trash is not a good idea. It takes up to a decade for plastic carpet to decompose. it also not accepted at most landfills and recycling centers. We suggest you take it to business that provides carpet disposal services.
Can I take carpet to my local tip? 4. Can I dispose of carpet and flooring waste at the tip and will they recycle it? If you’re a householder with a car, you can dispose of your carpet at the local tip. Businesses cannot take waste to the local HWRC.