What is recyclable in DeKalb County GA?
- DeKalb County Sanitation Division • Administrative O ce • 3720 Leroy Scott Drive, Decatur, GA 30032.
- Residential Single-Stream.
- Acceptable items.
- Cardboard Shrink wrap Plastics (1-7) Aluminum (soda) cans Packing paper (no wax) Mixed paper (newspaper, magazine, printer & copy paper, loose-leaf paper, notebook, etc.)
Does DeKalb County actually recycle? Recycling in DeKalb County
DeKalb is the first county in Georgia to introduce an official glass recycling drop-off program in an urban area, with 16 county-operated glass recycling containers throughout the County. The average American creates 1,600 pounds of garbage a year.
How do I get a recycle bin in DeKalb County? Recycling container options
Request a standard complimentary 35-gallon roll cart; OR request an upgrade to a 65-gallon roll cart for a one-time $15 prepaid roll cart fee; OR request an additional roll cart, which will require an increase in annual sanitation assessment fees.
What plastics are recyclable in Georgia?
Items you can recycle:
- Small and large cardboard boxes (flattened)
- Frozen food containers (remove food liners and foil)
- Tissue and paper towel cylinder cores (no tissue or paper towels)
- Plastics 1-7 (this includes disposable plates, cups and soda and water bottles)
- Aluminum cans.