What does greening the office mean? A green or sustainable office means you operate your business in such a way that you reduce your overall impact on the environment, and by doing so, make a real difference.
What are green practices in the workplace? Some of the most common things include using less paper for printing, switching off gadgets like laptops and printers when not in use, carry water bottle instead of using a disposable bottle, using energy saving lights and many more.
Why should offices Go green? A recent study reveals green offices produce a 26 percent boost in cognition. They also saw significant improvements in information usage, strategy and crisis response. The holistic approach of eco-efficient workspaces prioritizes the health of all employees and the environment.
How do you create a green culture at work?
- Designate Champions and Create a Green Team.
- Ensure Education of Sustainability and Company Goals.
- Invite Observation and Suggestion.
- Hold Consistent Meetings.
- Participate in Local Initiatives.
- Communicate Results and General News.
- Include a section in the Employee Handbook.