Is recycling bin free? Recycling services provided to the public are mainly free of charge. However, civic amenity centres or recycling centres may charge for certain items or for large quantities – check with your local centre.
Is it cheaper to recycle? “A well-run curbside recycling program can cost anywhere from $50 to more than $150 per ton… trash collection and disposal programs, on the other hand, cost anywhere from $70 to more than $200 per ton. This demonstrates that, while there’s still room for improvements, recycling can be cost-effective.”
What are pros and cons of recycling?
- Pro 1: There’s an environmental benefit.
- Pro 2: Recycling creates jobs.
- Pro 3: Recycling raises overall environmental consciousness.
- Pro 4: Recycling reduces the energy used to manufacture goods.
- Con 1: Recycling takes energy, too.
- Con 2: Recycling can lead to pollution.
What do I need to dump in Hillsborough County?
- Photo ID showing the residential address of the property owner.
- One of the following: A printed copy of your annual Hillsborough County Property Tax Bill showing your current solid waste assessments. Search and print a copy of your property tax bill.