How is e-waste recycled in NYC?
- Lower East Side Ecology Center. Fire Boat House, East River Promenade at Grand Street, NY 10002.
- Best Buy. Phone Number: (888) 237-8289.
- Goodwill. Phone Number: (718) 728-5400.
- Salvation Army. Phone Number: (800) 728-7825.
- Staples. Phone Number: (800) 333-3330.
Where can I take old electronics in NYC? You can drop off electronics during regular business hours at places such as Goodwill, The Lower East Side Ecology Center’s Gowanus E-Waste Warehouse, Salvation Army, Best Buy, and Staples (no TVs).
Does NYC sanitation pick up electronics? Items we will collect curbside include computers, TVs and other electronics covered by the New York State ban. Residents wishing to take advantage of the program can simply request a pickup using the form below. Then, set your E-Waste at the curb after 4 PM the night before.
How do I throw away a TV in NYC?
- Donate them if in working condition.
- Schedule a pickup appointment if you live in Staten Island.
- Enroll your apartment building to get pickups through the ecycleNYC program.
- Bring them to a drop-off location.
- Return them to the manufacturer or retailer for recycling.