How does the Sanitation Department recycle waste in NY? Our team collects some 2,000 tons of recycling a day — bringing us every day a little bit closer to zero waste to landfills. We provide curbside collection and drop-off programs to simplify getting rid of your plastic, paper, glass and metal.
What can be recycled in nyc?
Rules for Recycling Metal
- Metal can be mixed with plastic and glass recyclables, but never with paper recyclables.
- Place metal items in clear, untinted bags or blue-labeled recycling bins with a tight-fitting lid.
Can you recycle 5 plastic in nyc? Use any labeled bin (preferably green for paper and blue for glass/metal/plastic/beverage cartons) RECYCLING PLASTICS IS. 1, 2, 3 (4, 5, 6, 7)! The numbers shown inside the chasing arrows refer to different types of plastics used in making.
What plastic numbers are recyclable in nyc?
- 1 — PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) PET is used in the production of soft drink bottles, peanut butter jars.
- 2 — HDPE (High-density polyethylene)
- 3 — V (Polyvinyl chloride)
- 4 — LDPE (Low-density polyethylene)
- 5 — PP (Polypropylene)
- 6 — PS (Polystyrene)
- 7 — Other.