How do you explain solar energy? Solar energy is any type of energy generated by the sun. Solar energy is created by nuclear fusion that takes place in the sun. Fusion occurs when protons of hydrogen atoms violently collide in the sun’s core and fuse to create a helium atom.
What are benefits of solar energy?
- Impact on the Environment.
- Reduce Your Energy Bill.
- Energy Production during Peak Hours.
- Solar Energy Is Applicable Everywhere.
- Less Electricity Lost During Long-Distance Transport.
- Improves Grid Security.
- Job Creation.
What are 5 facts about solar energy?
- Solar Power Is the Earth’s Most Abundant Energy Source.
- Solar Energy Is a Free Energy Source.
- You Can Use Solar Power to Run Your Entire Home.
- Solar Energy is Comprised of Radiant Heat and Light.
- Solar Energy Was First Used in 7th Century B.C.
- Solar Power Was Officially Discovered in 1839.
What are the 5 types of solar energy?
- Solar Photovoltaic Technology. Converts sunlight directly into electricity to power homes and businesses.
- Passive Solar Technology.
- Solar Water Heating.
- Solar Process Heat.
- Concentrating Solar Power.