How do I start going green at home?
- Plant a simple backyard garden.
- Switch your lightbulbs to energy efficient types.
- Create a homemade compost bin for $15.
- When it’s time, replace appliances to energy efficient models (look for the “energy star” label).
- Stop using disposable bags.
What can you do at home to live green?
- Pursue Energy Star Options.
- Create Less Waste.
- Source Your Food Locally.
- Don’t Let There Be Light.
- Use Green Cleaning Products.
- Embrace Cooler Water.
- Cultivate a Green Yard.
- Eliminate Useless Energy Waste.
What are 10 ways to go green?
- Go Digital. The more you do online, the less you need paper.
- Switch lights off. One of the simplest ways to reduce energy consumption is to switch lights off when you leave a room.
- Reuse before recycle.
- Get sharing.
- Switch computers off.
- Cut unnecessary travel.
- Save water.
What does it mean to green your home? A green home uses less energy, water and natural resources, creates less waste and is healthier for the people living inside compared to a standard home. It’s as simple as that!