How do I dispose of old tires in California?
- Take care of your tires.
- Become a hauler.
- File a hauler or facility complaint.
- Find a tire-derived product or vendor.
- Just Check It! ( tire pressure and tread depth)
- Find a hauler.
- Permit a waste tire storage facility.
- Recycle tires.
How much does it cost to dispose of tires in California?
How do I get rid of tires near me?
- Local general and specialized tire recycling facilities.
- Tire retail stores (for a fee)
- Auto shops.
- Dumps that accept used tires.
Why are tires not recycled? Although tires are almost half rubber, the rubber can’t simply be melted down and reused as many polymers can be. That’s because the rubber is vulcanized—cross-linked with sulfur in a process invented by Charles Goodyear in 1839. Vulcanization imparts needed mechanical properties but is not easily reversed.