How do I dispose of electronics in NYC? You can drop off electronics during regular business hours at places such as Goodwill, The Lower East Side Ecology Center’s Gowanus E-Waste Warehouse, Salvation Army, Best Buy, and Staples (no TVs).
How do I dispose of a flat screen TV in NYC?
- Donate them if in working condition.
- Schedule a pickup appointment if you live in Staten Island.
- Enroll your apartment building to get pickups through the ecycleNYC program.
- Bring them to a drop-off location.
- Return them to the manufacturer or retailer for recycling.
Where can I recycle VHS tapes in NYC? Local Recycling Options for Obsolete High-Tech Trash
These bins, available through a company called Greendisk, accept all kinds of media and tech-related waste for reuse or recycling. With all the great resources at hand in NYC we’re reserving our bin for the most obsolete materials, like VHS and audio tapes.
Does NYC sanitation pick up TVs? Items we will collect curbside include computers, TVs and other electronics covered by the New York State ban. Residents wishing to take advantage of the program can simply request a pickup using the form below.