How do I dispose of an old computer in NJ? 1-866-DEPKNOW. New Jersey consumers and small businesses with fewer than 50 full-time employees, can recycle for free at the approved manufacturers collection sites. All computers, monitors, laptops, portable computers, desktop printers, desktop fax machines and televisions are accepted for free recycling.
How do you get rid of old computers?
- Recycle: Your local recycling centre may be able to take it.
- Sell it: If your PC still works, you can list it on sites like eBay.
- Donate it: Charities like Computer Aid International refurbish your old computer and send them to developing countries.
Where can I get rid of old computers near me? Best Buy and Staples are the two major retailers that come to mind when it comes to computer and electronics recycling.
How do you throw away a laptop?
- Make a backup.
- Hire data shredding services to destroy the hard drive completely.
- Donate your old laptop, minus the hard drive, to a charity or school or recycle it at your local electronics recycling facility.