How do I dispose of an air conditioner in nyc? Before discarding any refrigerator or freezer, water cooler, dehumidifier, air conditioner, or other type of appliance containing non-flammable Chlorofluorocarbon gas (CFC), you must call 311 or request an appointment online for the recovery of the CFC and pick-up for recycling.
What can you do with an old AC unit?
- Send It off to a Scrap Yard. Qualified scrap yards undertake the air conditioner disposal process according to EPA regulations.
- Search for a Rebate Program.
- Consult Your Local Disposal Agency.
- Opt for a Retailer Exchange.
- Go Environmentally Friendly & Recycle.
How do I dispose of an air conditioner near me?
- Dispose through local sanitation programs.
- Dispose through HVAC retailers.
- Dispose through bounty programs.
- Dispose through waste transfer stations.
- Dispose through bulk trash pick-up programs.
- Dispose by donating the old air conditioner.
How do I dispose of appliances in nyc? You can do this online at nyc.gov/dsny or by calling 311. You will then be able to leave it outside to be picked up by the Department of Sanitation. For refrigerators and freezers, the locking device or hinges must be removed before placing it outside to be picked up.