How can we help in going green?
Go Green in 10 simple steps
- Go Digital. The more you do online, the less you need paper.
- Switch lights off. One of the simplest ways to reduce energy consumption is to switch lights off when you leave a room.
- Reuse before recycle.
- Get sharing.
- Switch computers off.
- Cut unnecessary travel.
- Save water.
How do beginners go green?
Ways to Go Green
- Give Up Bottled Water.
- Reduce Your Waste.
- Conserve Energy.
- Conserve Water.
- Stop Junk Mail.
- Green Your Transportation.
- Eat Local, Organic Foods.
- Go Chemical-Free.
How do I start going green at home?
40 Ways to Go Greener at Home (Besides Just Recycling)
- Plant a simple backyard garden.
- Switch your lightbulbs to energy efficient types.
- Create a homemade compost bin for $15.
- When it’s time, replace appliances to energy efficient models (look for the “energy star” label).
- Stop using disposable bags.
How do you motivate someone to go green?
How to Motivate People toward Sustainability
- Equip people with (the right) knowledge. People need to know both why an action is important and how to do it.
- Help people process information.
- Leverage the leaders.
- Make actions easy and enjoyable.
- Allow participation.
- Take one step at a time.
- Pause rewards.