How can I make my kitchen green?
- When boiling water, put a lid on it.
- Put down the paper towels.
- Reuse parchment paper and aluminum foil.
- Ditch the plastic bag.
- Give zip-tops a second life.
- Do away with disposable plates and cutlery.
- Save the water you use to rinse rice and produce.
What’s the most eco-friendly way to cook? In our study, we found that microwaves, slow cookers, and pressure cookers have the lowest environmental impact, while ovens are the least sustainable way to cook.
What is the healthiest and most eco-friendly cooking method?
- Switch to Eco-friendly Cookware.
- Chop Small.
- Cook Smart.
- Cook with residual heat.
- Take the temperature.
- Go Raw.
- Eat Seasonally.
- Eat Plant-Based Meals.
How can appliances be more sustainable?
Cold Water Washes
- Protect colour vibrancy.
- Protect elastics.
- Better stain removal (warm water actually keeps the stain in!)
- Money saving.