How can I make my HVAC eco friendly?
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency HVAC system.
- Schedule yearly AC maintenance.
- Inspect/increase your insulation.
- Have your ductwork inspected for leaks.
- Use landscaping to your advantage.
- Upgrading also means earth-friendly refrigerant.
What is the most environmentally friendly HVAC system? Geothermal Heat Pumps
Geothermal technology isn’t exactly new, but it has gained popularity in recent years and is currently the most energy-efficient, eco-friendly heating and cooling solution you can buy.
What is a heat pump heating system? A heat pump extracts heat from the cold outside air and transfers it inside our home. To this end, a compressor inside the device uses electricity to increase the temperature of the heat extracted from the outside air. The heat pump can also provide cooling by transferring warm indoor air to the outside.
What is the downside to a heat pump? 7 Disadvantages of Heat Pumps are:
High upfront cost. Difficult to install. Questionable Sustainability. Requires significant work.