How can I go green at work?
- Start a sustainability team for your office.
- Create monthly green challenges.
- Turn off electronics, lighting, and heat every evening.
- Opt for better office products.
- Embrace renewable energy.
- Lay off the thermostat.
- Go paperless.
- Bring a desk plant.
What does it mean to be green at work? The green workplace is simply defined as a workplace that is environmentally sensitive, resource efficient, and socially responsible (SHRM 2008).
How do you create a green culture at work?
- Designate Champions and Create a Green Team.
- Ensure Education of Sustainability and Company Goals.
- Invite Observation and Suggestion.
- Hold Consistent Meetings.
- Participate in Local Initiatives.
- Communicate Results and General News.
- Include a section in the Employee Handbook.
How do you motivate employees to go green?
- Offer Commuter Passes.
- Make Results Known.
- Don’t Buy Reusables.
- Add More Recycling Bins.
- Store Documents Online.
- Organize a Sustainable Committee.
- Use These Ideas to Help Your Employees Be More Sustainable.